The previous week, Black on Black Rhyme-Tampa held its youth poetry night. Unable to attend, I heard that it was an electric night. It’s always so nice to see the youth artistically express themselves.
To re-enforce why we appreciate being adults, L.i.f.e. bought the show back this week with a grown and sexy theme. The weekly spotlight was Black Beauty who is always a treat for the ladies. With lyrics dedicated to lickin’ and suckin’, she definitely entertains the adult mind. For the most part the show was fairly calm. I had come out to witness the energy released when an adult crowd gets together to share sex stories (i.e. erotic poetry), but found that the spirit wasn’t there. There was some “grown and sexy” content but for the most part everything was at a normal buzz. Generally, such an occasion will call poets and patrons from all corners to put their “two-cents” in. Once you get a room full of sexually charged adults, there’s no telling what may happen. But at this show; no uncontrollable excited laughs, no moaning from the crowd as they are taken into a poet’s bedroom, no sexually charged energy. Regardless, the show was okay. Not really what I had anticipated, but maybe my expectations were off. I had fun though!
That's 100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice!
No comments:
Post a Comment