Thursday, July 30, 2009

And what had happened...

So, on my last post, management had placed me on probation. Nevertheless, in an effort to retain my genius and wisdom “the man” sent me on Vacation! I went to Jamaica and had an excellent time. Well, seeing as how I’m broke I couldn’t do a whole bunch while I was there, but I’ve been several times before. Usually, we peruse the island and party endlessly, in between visiting family and partying endlessly. This trip, I kicked it at an Ocho Rios beach resort, slept, and ate. And boy did I eat! Curry goat, oxtails, chicken, salt fish, callaloo many of my favorite dishes and the food was superb. Besides that, I sacrificed a pig, fought a Jamaican Bobcat, and climbed up a 600 ft. waterfall. Okay, I’m lying, but I did climb 600 ft. up Dunn's River Falls. For me it was one of those “are you serious?” moments. First, the patrons were making chains to get up the waterfall and I’m just not one of those types. Holding hands with people, some strangers, yeah right. And, as my life would have it, out of the four people with me, I only knew one. So I didn't feel like congregating. Anywho, I had a great time resting and relaxing.

On another note, I have had another revelation. By nature, I’m not into taking pictures. Behind the camera is not my position! Therefore, I have decided to solicit photos from those who enjoy taking pictures. I am traveling with my camera but not very successful at it. As far as the probation thing, we're giving it one more try.

No comments:

Post a Comment