Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Black on Black Rhyme-Tampa Tues. 7/14
Last night I went to the show at the Jerk Hut, it was a cool show. Sania was the spotlight for the evening. She's a good poet "brother told me my poonani so good it made Satan fall from grace and start telling lies, I ain't lying" this line kills me everytime I hear that poem. Which you might think she's getting into some erotic, lick and suck type poem, but its actually about domestic abuse. Among those in attendance, my homie Ken-Sation was here from Ft. Lauderdale. It was good seeing that dude, haven't seen him since 2005! I was extremely tired so I didn't get on the mic, I just observed. As always, the crowd was great! Obviously a group of people dedicated to absorbing as much of the spoken word as possible. Of course, L.I.F.E. was his usual unpredictable self, but it makes the show interesting. And they had a wing special that was worth coming out for all by itself. Now here comes the shocker, brace yourselves, I didn't have one drop of alcohol! Thats how tired I was. I wanted a drink, but wanted rest more. So I sat, mostly quietly, until Shawna, in her usual inebriated state, decided to harass me with her camera and antics. Im gonna need security soon! The show ended around 11:45pm and we all parted, peacefully. Next week's show is youth night, so you should definitely come out and see what the young people have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment